REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello, I need some help if anyone can assist me.
Basically, while running a forum, stupid thing happened ( and I have no idea why, this is the first time I see this happening lol ).

Whenever anyone clicks on a thread to open it ( or any link FROM the index page to view ), it redirects to Host Gator 404 with this message:

Quote:Oops! Looks like the page you're looking for was moved or never existed.
Make sure you typed the correct URL or followed a valid link.

I have no idea why and I have no idea how could that happen. At the time when it started happening no1 touched any templates or plug ins ( as far as I know ), and the only things changing were the configuration settings i ACP ( and those were all unrelated and reverted to original just in case ).

So it makes me stuck Big Grin
Please, urgent help.
What settings did you change?
I wish I remembered all of them. but I remember reverting them to original and I think those were all unrelated.
I could name a few: Send no cache headers to Yes, ( and after I've noticed the problem, back to No ), change Meta description and keywords, Use error handling, switched in Error type Medium to Warnings and errors...
Activate a favicon from Off to On, and back to Off when I noticed the error...
And that's it I think, lol.

Should the problem be in templates?
Got it in the meanwhile. Silly me. Search Engines friendly URL-s Smile
Damn, you beat me to it. I was just going to mention SEO URLs.

If you still want the SEO friendly URLs, you need to configure an htaccess document, then you should be okay.
Now let me use this topic to ask one more question. While checking the Templates for any security issues, I get this:

Quote:The templates below matched known security issues. Please review them.

header_welcomeblock_member_admin

And that's for all the three themes we have uploaded at the moment.

Since that template only has 1 line of code in it, I was thinking perhaps it could be edited manually Big GrinBig Grin
So if you got any ideas on why the fuck is it insecure, and how to edit it to make it secure, please, tell Smile
And thanks for helping this far.
The line says :

Quote:<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/{$config['admin_dir']}/index.php" class="admincp">{$lang->welcome_admin}</a></li>

Hoping no1 will use it to hack me lol. It's a new forum anyway so who cares.
Use this instead:

PHP Code:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/{$admin_dir}/">{$lang->welcome_admin}</a

$config['admin_dir'] is no longer allowed. It's been changed to simply $admin_dir

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sections go to 404 page? Wyn 0 540 Sep 12, 2012, 04:10 AM
Last Post: Wyn
Exclamation 404 Error on every forum and thread linxlad 1 862 Jan 10, 2012, 09:56 AM
Last Post: Oliver Evans
  404 on attachements davidvidal 0 802 Jun 20, 2010, 01:53 PM
Last Post: davidvidal
  Got 404 in 1 thread Mark Topper 3 1,395 Jun 16, 2010, 11:53 PM
Last Post: Mark Topper