REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tabbed menu thing
Hi, I just installed the tabbed menu plugin to my Canadian forum since I understand it's 1.6 compatible after following the troubleshooting guides (didn't work off the bat). I was wondering if my first default TAB can be the whole forum itself, I wouldn't like to trim anything from the first sight, I want to add tabs for filtering purpose only (convenience). Is this possible?
(Dec 17, 2011, 03:03 PM)xerotic Wrote: Only one category can be attached to a tab, so you cannot have all forum areas in one tab and then have them again in another.
Multiple catergories can be added to a single tab but each tab must have at least one catergory. And each catergory can only be used once.

I dont know of any plugin that allows you to use the tabs as a filter, sorry.
(Dec 17, 2011, 05:57 PM)BleepyEvans Wrote:
(Dec 17, 2011, 03:03 PM)xerotic Wrote: Only one category can be attached to a tab, so you cannot have all forum areas in one tab and then have them again in another.
Multiple catergories can be added to a single tab but each tab must have at least one catergory. And each catergory can only be used once.

I dont know of any plugin that allows you to use the tabs as a filter, sorry.

Ah, that is what I was getting at, just worded it wrong. Thanks.
Yer I know, just didnt liviuz and other members to get confused Tongue
Thank you both for your answers, that means that tabbed menus can only split a forum in chunks that can't intersect, right? Is there any workaround leaving my frontpage intact while using tabs for some of the categories I select?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  tabbed menu width mindaugas355 0 875 Feb 18, 2013, 07:54 AM
Last Post: mindaugas355
  Tabbed menu utf8? GBLTeam 5 2,151 Nov 23, 2011, 10:10 PM
Last Post: labrocca
  Tabbed Menu's rick 3 2,422 Aug 23, 2010, 07:57 AM
Last Post: Eb0y
  [Request] Fast Menu. Damion 8 3,388 Jan 16, 2010, 09:10 AM
Last Post: elusiveDEVIANT
  Tabbed Menu with theme Energix 4 2,221 Dec 19, 2009, 07:55 PM
Last Post: labrocca