REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've been banned from my own forum...
Hello,

I own RankMyHack.com and have been trying to grow its forum recently however It's now displaying a message telling me I've been banned from my own forum. I can access the admincp but not the main site. I have tried registering a new acc but even that fails. I checked the banned users list and I'm not there. I'm also not in the banned usernames or banned IPs list. What do I do?

I've tried disabling plugins but that too failed I can't think what to do...

Help me!!

Thanks a lot,
~Brad
you got banned from your own forum ??
(Mar 24, 2012, 07:53 AM)Amplifier Wrote: you got banned from your own forum ??

That's what it says but I'm not even showing on the banned list -.-

-Brad
haha this is funny.
(Mar 24, 2012, 10:49 AM)sljralcordo Wrote: haha this is funny.

Thanks, amazing support/help you gave me there... Sad

-Brad
Go to PHPMyAdmin and run this query in the SQLtab buddy
Code:
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `usergroup` = '4', `additionalgroups` = '' WHERE `uid` = '1'
It will do the trick Smile
WallBB Premium MyBB Themes
PM me for any type of support Smile
(Mar 24, 2012, 12:00 PM)Verilog Wrote: Go to PHPMyAdmin and run this query in the SQLtab buddy
Code:
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `usergroup` = '4', `additionalgroups` = '' WHERE `uid` = '1'

Thanks for the help but...

Code:
RankMyHack ~ Official Forums
I'm sorry, but you are banned. You may not post, read threads, or access the forum. Please contact your forum administrator should you have any questions.
(Mar 24, 2012, 12:07 PM)bradandrews4 Wrote:
(Mar 24, 2012, 12:00 PM)Verilog Wrote: Go to PHPMyAdmin and run this query in the SQLtab buddy
Code:

Code:
I'm sorry, but you are banned. You may not post, read threads, or access the forum. Please contact your forum administrator should you have any questions.
I believe you can access the hosting panel, if yes then run the query on the PHPMyAdmin there.
Select the relevent database where you run it.
(Mar 24, 2012, 12:14 PM)Verilog Wrote:
Code:

Code:
I believe you can access the hosting panel, if yes then run the query on the PHPMyAdmin there.

That's what I did... The quote I posted was the result after I ran the query... same issue as before....

-Brad
(Mar 24, 2012, 12:15 PM)bradandrews4 Wrote:
(Mar 24, 2012, 12:14 PM)Verilog Wrote:
Code:

Code:

That's what I did... The quote I posted was the result after I ran the query... same issue as before....

-Brad

try changing the number from 4.
5,3,2 i don't know which group number is admin for your forum. It is 4 by default

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MyBB Mobile Forum – How to make your forum work best on portable Devices WallBB 0 1,283 Sep 21, 2013, 02:49 AM
Last Post: WallBB
  Boy only forum and Girl only forum Camgaertner 0 967 Jul 29, 2011, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Camgaertner
  [TeachMe] how to Add Forum Icons For My Forum _Un!corn 0 920 Jul 21, 2011, 07:47 AM
Last Post: _Un!corn
  My users keep getting banned. PurpleDragon 6 2,130 Feb 23, 2009, 10:00 PM
Last Post: PurpleDragon