REGISTER or LOGIN to have the annoying ads removed.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Purchased MyBB Project
I bought the MyBB Project from Chris today and I will be changing the software from an Open Source license to a commercial proprietary license. Part of the MyBB code will not be encrypted in order to protect my intellectual property. But don't worry price per license will still be relatively cheap at $80 per site which is nearly 1/2 the price of the competition.

Also all MyBB sites will be required to have a footer link to Hackforums.net.

A sitewide announcement and email newsletter should go out shortly but I was so excited that we closed the deal I felt it prudent to post about this immediately.

Thank you very much.
Congratulations. I don't know if this is an April Fools' Day joke or not, but I do know one thing. That is, if this is true, then I am afraid that I will have to move from MyBB to something else. I'm sorry, Mr. Labrocca, but I do not have $80 to pay for starting up a website. It has been a pleasure running MyBB on my website, because I know that it is, in fact, the best software around, but I was using it in conjunction with the fact that it was a free software.

I take it that, once the conversion has been made that makes it so MyBB is a paid software, it will no longer be necessary to subscribe to MyBBCentral? The reason I ask this is because, once you own MyBB, you won't need to have people pay for your MyBB Plugins, right? If so, is it possible to have the $10 deducted from the first MyBB License purchase?
I believe it's an April Fools joke. But anyways if so, congrats.
Nice April Fools joke Labrocca! But it would be pretty sweet if you actually owned MyBB.
Yes this was an AF joke.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Already Purchased Upgrade!!! achitnan 3 1,739 Nov 26, 2012, 10:04 PM
Last Post: achitnan
  Purchased Upgrade, What now ? Vormz 8 3,399 Nov 03, 2012, 04:04 PM
Last Post: Dr Plague
  MyBB 1.6 and MyBB Central labrocca 15 8,138 Dec 04, 2010, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Tobe
Exclamation Donate to mybb to help purchase mybb.com ! 88power88 24 13,295 Jul 28, 2010, 01:11 PM
Last Post: labrocca
  i purchased... Willy 1 2,348 Jul 17, 2008, 03:15 PM
Last Post: labrocca